Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receiver

No one is selling you anything. It is merely a suggestion. You are looking for something that is out of stock and no answers to when it will be. So you have 2 choices:

1. Wait for cable to be in stock

2. Purchase a new Roku

There is nothing else you can do. Even if Roku gives you a free cable there is no stock. So you could be waiting for months. It does not add up. So the easiest thing to do is to purchase a new Roku Stick. They are on sale for $40. You want something that is not there. There is no magical way to get one. The cable is $20 but unfortunately out of stock. For an additional $20 you can buy a new Roku Stick that is "in stock". 

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

In order to avoid further confusion in this thread, if you are experiencing an issue, please provide a brief summary of the issue you are experiencing along with the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hi I just purchased the Roku streaming stick 4k and I get to the language select screen and then a message pops up saying that the wireless receiver is missing I have checked and it is clearly there .

Any help would be great 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Luciferthebear, if you just purchased it you should take it back.  There have been instances where unscrupulous people would buy a stick, swap out their bad receiver, and return the stick.  Your stick may be one that was returned.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@Luciferthebear 

Before you take it back as @renojim suggests, make sure you are using the supplied AC USB power adapter to power your SS4K, and not using your TV's/AVR's USB ports for power, since they rarely supply enough (this can cause all sorts of weird issues).

barryusa

I have the same problem. I have a brand new Roku Streaming Stick 4K+. I have tried all of the remedies including using the supplied USB power cable with wireless booster and the supplied power adapter plugged into the wall. I still get the low power error message. I can't get past that error message screen to get to the settings. However, according to the sticker on the box, the serial number is S09T41ATCMNS. What should I do next?

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@barryusa 

Return/refund/exchange @ the retailer you purchased it from.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @barryusa,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having a insufficient power issue with your Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ (3821X).

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marial68

I am also needing the USB power cable with Wi-Fi receiver. They have been out of stock for a few months. Any idea when they might be re-stocked. I hate to buy a whole new Roku when it’s only one piece that’s the issue.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Marial68  No one know when they will be in stock. A new cable with WiFi booster is $20. A new Roku Streaming Stick 4K is $40 and in stock 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.