Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I bought the new remote from Amazon and it pairs with the Roku but I still get no compatible code for my Sony TV.  If my old remote had never controlled power and volume, I’d just brush this off as a failed experiment - but Roku obviously is at fault here, and they’re doing NOTHING about it. 

0 Kudos
Donnabmoss
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Well then Roku should send new remotes for all the Roku devices that the remote does not work any longer.  I have a new one that works and two others that do not

Kremlar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

What does Roku say when  you call for support on this issue?

0 Kudos
bobzinger
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was told it would be addressed in a future update. I’d really like to see everyone opening cases with them. Maybe they’d make it a priority. 

0 Kudos
Gumbercules
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well, this is weird.. Mine was working fine all day yesterday after replacing the batteries in the AM. Then when I go to turn the TV off...Won't shut off. Remove batteries and try again-nope , try to re=pair remote- resuses to re-pair (green LED under battery cover just keeps blinking. Unplug the Stick and re-boot and remote does re-pair but will not control TV functions (power and volume) . Tried the "solution" at the start of this thread and no such luck. When attempting the "setup to control TV" the music plays, but despite trying up to the 20th code, music does not shut off... Hmmmm, the last update shown on my system was Dec 10th so don't see that as an issue, any ideas ? 

0 Kudos
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Join the club! We’ve been waiting for Roku to address this issue for months. They are ignoring the problem - and their own Roku community. 

0 Kudos
Kremlar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I created a support ticket.  I hope everyone else does the same.

0 Kudos
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I did that months ago.  An acknowledgment, then crickets.  Please let us know if anyone actually follows up with you.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
Gumbercules
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried to email SUPPORT about my issue but when I try to submit it.... There's an error.... Great.. Definitely less than impressed with ROKU support. I had an issue when I first got this Streaming Stick + . It wouldn't recognize the Dolby or DTS available and support was useless at that time too. I resolved that myself by connecting the stick to my AV receiver instead of the TV.

0 Kudos
Kremlar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I got an error at first too.  Signed out and signed back in and submitted the ticket and it worked.

I got a canned response a day or 2 later suggesting I do an update and asking for info like TV model, Roku version, etc.  I submitted all the info.

The more open tickets in their system for this issue the better.