Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Remote still not working after update. 

Philips Roku model 32PFL4664/F7A 

Software version 10.0.0 

Build 4195 (-63) 

Device I'd 90H00H711414

Thank you.

milladoll

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Didn't work for my device:

Device ID: CU37DF082352

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4195-55

TV: Samsung UN48J5200AF

Cainbe

Jump to solution

Performing the system update as directed did not resolve my issue with controlling the TV power and volume.

4670X - Roku Ultra

YJOOAY577964

KW99AA577964

10.0.0 build 4198-46

Enhanced Voice Remote RC411

LG

Thanks

Beverly

JayKay99

Jump to solution

No....not resolved.

Roku has acknowledged and sent out an update for the total mess they created by botching the tv remote control code dbase.  If you are like me you did the update without a fix (Newer Sharp Tv).  Actually tried Sammy codes and no 9 did the trick for me.  Good luck finding your code...cmon Roku, really fix it this time.

Chaddox33

Jump to solution

Roku device model- 4670RW
-serial number- YJ0022195107
-device ID- KX9982195107
-software OS/version 10.0.0 build 4198-46
-remote model Enhanced Voice Remote RC412
-TV brand and model number
Phillips 50pfl5601F7 B 

issue ID 07-207-534

Jump to solution

Mine just stopped working today. Out of the blue. Completely unresponsive. I changed the batteries and did the update. Nothing. Remote is dead. I’m within Amazon’s 90 day return policy so I’m returning this as defective. 

kyohejr
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@JayKay99 How were you able to try Samsung codes with a Sharp TV?  From what I have pieced together from other forums, Roku uses HDMI CEC specifically to detect the make of your TV. Unfortunately, it uses IR to control the volume and power which is why it requires the tv specific codes in the first place. But when I follow the prompts on my Roku I it automatically tries TV codes (up to 50 for me) then says it doesn’t support my Samsung TV. I don’t get to choose a different make because it automatically detects Samsung. 

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

kyohejr

That’s exactly what’s happening with my Vizio tv

seems they screwed something up with list of tv and they can’t identify what they did.

im getting real tired of their inability to fix and or revert back to previous version

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

kyohejr

That’s exactly what’s happening with my Vizio tv

seems they screwed something up with list of tv and they can’t identify what they did. im getting real tired of their inability to fix and or revert back to previous version

0 Kudos
kyohejr
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@VAR Hmm.  It sounds like there issues with Sharp and Samsung might be different.  I thought the Roku was detecting that my TV is a Samsung based on the message at the end.  My assumption was that they simply dropped support for my older Samsung TV.  Though now I am wondering if it is really trying the correct codes for Samsung.  I think you just lucked out that the codes for volume up/down for that particular Samsung happened to be the same codes for your Sharp.