WATCH OUT!!!!!!! I updated 1 of my TVs (Dynex) and the problems were resolved. BUT... My Sony Bravia TV now DOES NOT HAVE SOUND AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roku: PLEASE GET ON THIS ASAP AND CORRECT THIS FIX!!! Bad enough that I had to use 2 remotes to work power, sound, and the Roku device. GIVE ME BACK MY SOUND!!!!!
Not only did the "fix" not fix the problem....now I have NO SOUND AT ALL from my Sony Bravia TV!!!!
EVERYBODY: DON'T use this Update!!! I now have NO SOUND on my TV!!
And . . . we're still waiting for a response from Roku. Can't they at least say: "We're working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience. But we're learning an important lesson regarding customer service." Or, are they stuck at "No news is good news"?
Glad to hear that ktimbers and susanle59 got their volume control to work. I tried the same steps and initially it appeared to work for me too (restore volume control function). But when I waited a few more minutes and again tried to control my volume, the behavior went right back to what I described in detail in my earlier post … 15 second delay before volume control appears and it only remains active for about 5 seconds before disappearing (regardless of whether I am still adjusting the volume), then it appears again after 15 more seconds, etc.
Sure wish Roku cared enough about their customers (and their product) to respond on this thread (which I believe they created!). I own three Roku devices and a Roku TV, along with lots of remotes that USED TO WORK. If I could, I would return them all for a refund and purchase another brand of streamer. Based on this experience, I will NOT be recommending Roku to my friends and family (something that I used to do without hesitation). This experience has revealed what a joke Roku support has become.
Still having the problem despite the fixes noted. The hardware/software information is as follows"
Roku Device Model #3810X
Devise ID 21304A983691
Software Version 10.0.0 Build 4198
Remote Model # RC490
TV - Sharp LC-C3234U
Thanks for your help
hope that works
it seems that only the device that I upgraded my remote in February ha giving this problem
Software Version: 10.0.0
Issue #: 62-210-242
Issue I’d 45-210-248
Because you guys told me my remote was broke and you wouldn’t replace it I have thrown it away and bought a boot leg remote I think you guys should give me a free remote knowing it was something wrong with you guys remote