Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Good luck

this has been going on a long time with no known results from roku

This is almost like a gift that keeps on giving.. a nasty headache as it continues to spread

0 Kudos
Gumbercules
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Hello everyone ,I did as "Kremlar" suggested and tried again to email support about my issue and this time it worked. I received the auto reply email already.... Now hurry up and wait.

tehuti88
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well this is great, our TV is suddenly without sound today. No idea if it's the remote again or what. Smiley Mad

Staudie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Ive had the issue as well... Just change the input to something else and back and it should fix it. Until you turn it off.

0 Kudos
Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

An update for Newbies:

I don't know when the problem began, but last May, Roku announced a solution (Mission Accomplished).

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 2.24.02 PM.png

Two months later, they admitted it was working for everyone and requested us to send in the model numbers and info on our units. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 2.24.51 PM.png

Since then, there have been 702 posts, a few saying their remotes were now working, some saying they contacted customer service and got case numbers but no follow-up, and several from Roku employees Austin and Danny R promising updates. No updates. No answers to why we can't reload the old operating system that worked. 

I just went through the steps to check my software was up to date, reset Roku, and re-pair my remote. They've added some codes, but at the end of it all, the screen admits the remote won't work with my LG TV. Blame LG. Funny, though, the remote used to work with my LG TV before they updated their operating system. 

Conclusions:

Roku doesn't care what is going on and isn't accepting responsibility.

In closing:

LET'S GO ROKU!

Old Bill

tehuti88
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Staudie Didn't work. 😞 Thanks, though.

0 Kudos
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku apparently considers the issue solved, check the browser tab name!  

Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I tried this with no luck, but thanks.  Glad it worked for you!  Any other hacks to share out there?

ColdFire
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did all the steps recommended and what I ended up doing is buying a new remote ...now everything works fine ..as for the old remote it's in the kitchen hi junk drawer ... But yeah way to go ROKU 😕

0 Kudos
Gumbercules
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I wondered about that..... (New remote, I mean) It just seems oddly specific to lose only the TV control functions. Particularly since it was working for the last 2 years..... OEM remote or Knock-off ?

0 Kudos