Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AERO

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

-Roku device model
-serial number YHOOG6804925
-device ID: JG288G804925
-software OS/version: 10.0.0. BUILD 4195-91
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-remote model : RC128
-TV brand and model number: SONY model KDL-46S504

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Roku Model: 4670X

Roku Serial: KX998726198

Device ID: KX9987261298

Software version: 10.0.0 . build 4198-46

Issue ID: 98-227-849

Remote Model: RC412

TV Make: Sharp

TV Model: LC-55P6000U

Wmbrown911

Jump to solution

Not resolved here. 25-228-688

volumne buttons not working

MRacho
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, 

Has there been any progress on this?  I have provided the needed information, checked for new updates every day and kept trying to pair my remote but still having the same issues.  I have a Sharp TV.  

jmchiejr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

-Roku device model: 4670X - Roku Ultra
-serial number: YJ0041823662
-device ID: KW99A4823662
-software OS/version: 10.0.0 build 4198-46
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-remote model (Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remotes > select the remote > About > Model): RC411
-TV brand and model number: LG 43UN6950ZUA

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Oh, Happy Day! I got an email from Roku saying: "Your Roku device just got better"!

Hopefully there was a new OS release! See: http://x.email1.roku.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=1d084d6c9df1f69711e7f13376452c0d

I quickly tried to see if my remote would control the TV. Nope.

I tried going through the steps to pair my Roku remote and TV: Nope.

I then checked to see if new software had been loaded. Nope.

I tried to download the update. Nope. It said my Version 10.0.0 Build 4198 was the latest/greatest.

So my Happy Day turned into another cruel joke played on me by a company that will never see another penny from me if they don't have this fixed before my next payment comes due.

'Nuff said.

deweyswak
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

UPDATE: Seems to work now.  I must have lost power sometime yesterday because I discovered a few electrical outlets that I had to 'reset', so the Remote Pro is now charging.

Through this site, I bought the Roku Voice Remote Pro some 6-8 weeks ago. It stopped working yesterday. It won't charge (no LED light shows). I thought it was asleep; pressed OK but nothing happens. 

Software version: 10.0.0 Buid 4195

device ID/model is RC538

TV make Samsung smart TV model UN40J5200AF

Marsha

deweyswak
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same thing here!  So fed up with **bleep** technology.

0 Kudos
romeropov
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Seems Roku devices are garbage; either they're doing a bad job of QAing their hardware or it's a strategy to get more money by having folks go purchase new devices every so often; i think the latter.

If I have one of these devices fail on me again, I'll be saying goodbye to Roku.

Good luck!

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Deweyswak

we’re all having same problem and I feel the same

i went thru the Roku page and found a place to contact Roku support and they been responding 

try it it may make you feel that there are humans in the background work to fix this

if they can’t fix Roku will lose their customer base ( at one time they were the best hope they can reclaim that position the clock is ticking)

(i had bought the new voice remote in February and all was great until mid May )