Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
romeropov
Binge Watcher

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I just did the software update and that fixed the Volume (volume buttons on the Roku control) not working for me. I didn't have to pair anything.

And it's weird, my exact build says "build 4198-46" and not "build 4198-50", and I just did this software update about an hour ago.

0 Kudos
Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Re: Re[ v9.4 Not It ]: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest upda

Jump to solution

JCLoyd: Sorry re-installing v9.4 didn't fix it for you, but how did you get someone to give you access? I'd love to give it a try. If nothing else, Roku could shut me up from complaining that they won't even let us try.

@JCLloyd wrote: . . . 

Old-Bill:  The support person who worked with me put me back onto v9.4, but that did not resolve the issue.  . . . 

apgomez3

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I just downloaded the update and I still can’t control the volume. I can only turn the tv on and off. 

model: 4670rw Roku ultra

serial: yj008p841704

software: 10.0.0 build 4198-46

remote model: RC412

TV: SONY Bravia kdw 40w4100

Jakethesnake70
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks to Baxa, I did the same and mine works better now. 

Settings >> Remotes and devices >> Remotes >> Voice Remote >> Set up remote for TV control THEN searched for Hisense and selected it then followed instructions (1st code for Hisense TV worked for me)...

0 Kudos
brsband
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well out if the blue my volume started working tonight. I didn't do or perform any actions to get this to work. It just happened to work finally. Not sure if roku pushed through a change. 

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I’ve check for updates daily and It always states I have the latest updates 

Since Nay 19 I’ve had version 10.0.0 build 4195-91

only 1 of my remotes have been “infected” which happens to be the new, in February, voice remote and my Vizio tv is not recognized any longer

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

That’s great but my Vizio is not recognized 

0 Kudos
Bmok88

Jump to solution

Did the update, re-paired the remote and set up the remote, still doesn’t work. Worked a couple weeks ago when this first happened

model: 3810x - Roku streaming stick+

serial: Yh000L106534

software: 10.0.0 build 4198-50

remote model: RC392

TV: LG

jillmarie3

Jump to solution

THANK YOU!! You saved me from buying a replacement remote when our volume control was not working! Your instructions worked perfectly. Thank you again!

0 Kudos
martman1219
Reel Rookie

My remote first goes to "language, then to pairing with TV with pictures of a remote that I don't ha

Jump to solution

After it goes to pick a language it goes to a picture on screen that show a different type remote than I have to pair it with my TV . This should not be necessary because I've been using ROKU for about three months. The picture on my screen are of a different remote than what I have and the remote/ picture is stuck on this screen. I've replaced the batteries and have done everything the "no human contact" with ROKU has suggested. None of it works. I'm really pissed and the lack of human contact with ROKU makes it worse. Also every night at about 9pm +/- 15 minutes ROKU stops working. It's not my internet because I can do things on-line on my PC. WTF is that all about. it usually take a good 15 to 30 minutes to get it back. A VERY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER needs answers from a human being NOW.