Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RT6

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

hi.

I  had lost volume  and  tv control at one point, now the remote does not work at all.  I changed the batteries and followed all suggestions.  It is still not working.

how do i know what version Roku I have.  i have the streaming stick.

please help

RT6

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

hi , I have a VIZIO tv

RT6

Jump to solution

model: 3810x

SN:C1388F202207

Hardcastle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same TV and I'm in the same boat. New update didn't help whatsoever

brsband
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Volume still not working

Model 3800x

Serial YF0068487894

Device CT37D6487894

SYSTEM OS 10.0.0 BUILD 4200-55

Remote rc127

Sony str-dh800 receiver

turbo5100

Re: Roku's response to complaints of remotes no longer pairing with TVs

Jump to solution

I hsve 2 voice remote controls for my living room tv. The volume control stopped working on both remostes sometime in the past two weeks. The remoteds are not the problem. The volume control was workinh on both remotes and the both stopped working at the same time. I hsve attemted reprogramming both remotes, performing a system update and neither worked. I aldo tried the volume test answering yes snd no when it asked if the music stopped. 

Model # 3810rw

SN YHOOGW979236  (C2391G979236)

SOFTWARE VERSION 10.0.0 BUILD 4198-50

TIME STAMP 2021-05-28TO3:15:50

ISSUE ID 36-211-873 

20ArtSmart21
Channel Surfer

Pairing existing remote to TV. Remote will now do NOTHING

Jump to solution

First I don't know what Roku I have.  There's no name on the remote or device. The remote has at the bottom 4 buttons, Netflix, Sling, Hulu, Vudu.

The remote would not turn on the TV, I turned it on manually, I was not able to adjust the volume. I could navigate.  I decided to pair the existing remote.  I removed the batteries, put in new batteries, pressed the button the start pairing, the green light flashed. The Image on the TV screen changed to a scrolling right to left scroll of computer generated building, the word Roku, and every now and then a promotion to watch something.  

I still can't access the main menu screen to access the various screens to begin pairing the remote. I turned off the TV and unplugged the device from HDMI port, removed the batteries again, still nothing.  Has technology made my Roku device worthless?  Can you help?

20ArtSmart21
Channel Surfer

Re: Pairing existing remote to TV. Remote will now do NOTHING

Jump to solution

P.S.  I can't even access the Roku main menu screen to try doing the suggested "fix" to load new software to solve this On/Off/Volume problem which recently occurred.

My remote appears not to be paired with anything.  Before pressing the pairing button I could at least navigate without being able to turn ON / OFF the TV or adjust the volume. It kind of worked, now it's a brick.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Have you tried using official Roku mobile app/remote available in Play/Apple Stores to connect to your Roku? You should be able to use the mobile app remote to navigate through your Roku just like a physical remote.  Then you can access the Settings to attempt re-pairing the physical remote.

FYI...both the mobile device(phone/tablet) and the Roku have to be on the same network to work/communicate with each other. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You can also unplug the roku from its power for a bit, have the remote ready with battery door off and one battery in, now power the roku when the roku name stops bouncing put in the second battery and press and hold the pairing key for 3 to 5 seconds and release. Just let it communicate with roku it is alright if the light goes oyt in the battery compartment don't press anything until you get a big DONE onscreen. 

Once its paired again with the roku go into settings> remote & devices> remote> REMOTE IN USE> program tv> follow prompts

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.