Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1crazydame
Binge Watcher

Re: Volume control on remote stopped working

Jump to solution

Already have.  And one of the support agents stated that they'll be looking further into the issue to see if it's something in their past updates that may have caused this issue because a number of us are dealing with this craziness.  Cross your fingers for us that there will be some kind of patch in the near future!  🤞

tlcsingleton
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Well they seem to have changed something. I have an option I didn't have a few days ago. After going through the codes and getting the message "Sorry, your RCA TV cannot be controlled with the Roku remote" (I don't have an RCA TV lol,)  is elected "Try again." Instead of the usual 50 codes again, it took me to a screen to select my brand of TV before going through a selection of codes. After entering my TV brand, one of codes worked, FINALLY! I am so excited. I don't understand why they couldn't post this process to everyone. I previously tried all the resets, processes etc included going through the codes and selecting Try again. I have no idea why I got a new option this time but I did. So if you have not gotten this option, it may be worth it to check again.

0 Kudos
Spokensound
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I checked the original post and I tried to update my TV, but it says it has the latest software available (10.0.0).  My TCL Series 6 has not been updated since May 14, 2021 at 12:01 AM.  But this post says an update was released on May 19, 2021. The CEC and ARC controls have not functioned since.  I cannot get the remote to control the audio, the TV to connect to the audio receiver, or update the software.  I have unplugged and power cycled every device, did a system restart, checked every single setting on the TV and Receiver, nothing has worked.

Roku TV Issue Report Tracker

Model: 7120X - Roku TV

Serial Number: YS00MP754235 (FV293M754235)

Software Version 10.0.0 Build 4195-30

Timestanp: 2021-05-25T22:24:05Z

Please use issue ID 35-208-704 to report the current issue.

Ayoung1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuAustin 

Not only did the new update not fix the issue but now when I turn my TV off it turns back on so I have to press the power button then either cover it or point it away from the TV so it doesn't turn back on

Roku Ultra 4660x

10.0.0 build 4198-46

CK3933403283

Samsung QN4960R

Threasa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I do have a Roku Ultra, the problem did not occur before the May 2021 update, it occurred after the update.

1crazydame
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

For me, it was long before.  It's been a little over a year already.  The new gaming remote I purchased was a few months ago, advised by a support agent that it may have had something to do with the connection of Anynet on my Samsung Smart TV.  Between the inconvenience of factory setting both my Smart TV, and my Roku Ultra, then following specific instructions connecting the new remote, it just ended up working like my previous gaming remote.  It worked for a specific amount of time, stopped, then I'd have to reboot my Roku for my remote to work properly....e v e r y   s i n g l e   d a y!  It starts to get frustrating when you tried it all, including spent money, and it still does the same thing.

0 Kudos
JD67

Jump to solution

Roku model-4670RW Roku Ultra

serial#-YJ008H096119

device I’d-KX99C8096119

software-10.0.0 build 4198-46

tv-Sony Bravia KDL46EX710

Did the software update but still remote will not work sound

Rlacer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

customer support - please respond! Still waiting for a response to this issue. Have tried daily to look for new updates, re-pair, delete remote and add back, tried to “set” the remote for my TV, it stops at option 3 and says my Tv is not compatible (other user posts suggest up to 50 tv settings but I can’t get mine to do that...3 strike outs every time.)
I need to know whether to return this roku if it isn’t going to be resolved within my return window.

details originally posted 6 days ago:

Roku streaming stick 4K plus, Model 3810x, YHOOFW850200

Software version 10.0.0 build 4198-50

Device  ID 21312F850200

Remote about details state it is Voice Remote, firmware version rtn.4106, Model RC399

TV is Sony Bravia VU1, version 9

Just purchased this Roku, specifically so we could use one remote for all functions, including power and volume. Cannot get it to work, except for standard menu items once tv is powered on by its dedicated Sony remote. Have to use tv remote for volume as well. Updated the software and it updated and says all software is now up to date. Still doesn’t control power or volume. We are not using a sound bar, just the tv.

thanks

Rana Lacer

Clairwil
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We are apparently now on the ROKU Survivor Island reality show, where the entire customer base experiencing the broken volume — thanks to the recent hardware update — go on a quest to solve Roku’s tech support error. If you are new here…welcome! 🍸🎈

I returned to report that purchasing a new pro ROKU remote and pairing it had an up side, in that it automatically recognized my old TV brand (Hitachi) and scrolled through a smaller subset of codes, then reported the error message “Your Hitachi TV is not supported, throw it away and buy some newer technology” (or something similar). 

The down side of course is that, although the remote’s software is smarter, the OS for our ROKU devices remains as dumb as before. The beta toy pushed out with a zero at the end of the version number has not been updated and the solution is to sit, like Bruce Lee in Enter The Dragon, and wait for our enemies to send new software. Perhaps we could attach a string between our ROKU remote and the TV remote we must use for volume control and learn to use them as a weapon, ninja style. 

Postscript. Lest you wonder: no, voice volume control does not work either. 

Jump to solution
  • device model 4630X
  • TV make/model Samsung PN58C680
  • Issue ID 27-208-881
0 Kudos