Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcgeeasy

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Hi! I have updated the software. I have restarted the Roku. And re-synced the remote.  Roku is plugged directly into the Samsung television without an intermediary device. After each restart the remote works to raise the volume three numbers then stops working 

issue ID 20-201–394

Model 3810X

Serial number YH001K518520

Software version 10.0.0 build 4198-50

Remote model RC 128

firmware version 2.0 1.1 9.108

0 Kudos
Dan526
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Still not working.

Model:  4660RW - Roku Ultra

Serial Number:  YJ003L765943

Device ID:  CS4883765943

Software Version:  10.0.0  build 4198-46

Remote Model:  RC136

TV Brand & Model:  Sharp, Model LC32Q3180U

When I try to Set Up The Remote, I receive the message ""Sorry, it seems like this Sharp  TV will not work with a Roku remote".

Please note that it has been working since November 27, 2018.

Best Regards,

Dan526

May 20, 2021

Cbt21

Jump to solution

Really aggravating, sound is barely audible at 50% volume increase

ROKU TV: 7224x

Sharp model: LC-50LB711U

serial #: YN003F169398

software version: 10.0.0 - build 4195-38

remote model: no way to determine. Goes into loop when trying to connect thru settings. Remote does turn tv on, changes channels, but sound is very low even at high numbers (50+). 

tv cannot seem to locate remote, so this feature is also malfunctioning. 
Ah, now tv is saying that it cannot locate remote that is sitting six inches from screen. 
Very disappointed in multiple issues caused by latest update.

0 Kudos
EricR1

Jump to solution

Hi there. I'm having the same problem as everyone else: my Roku remote used to control TV power and volume until a few weeks ago.

I just updated the Roku OS, but I still can't get it to work. I've tried all 50 built-in codes.

-Roku device model: 931RW - Roku Expre
-serial number: X00400VTW96D
-device ID: S012307TW96D
-software OS/version: 10.0.0 Build 4198
-remote model: RC492
-TV brand and model number: Samsung B2330HD

Any solutions? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Timler63
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Has there been anyone contacted by Roku that actually got this resolved????

0 Kudos
JCLloyd
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I got a direct email from a senior support engineer, the purpose to try something and see if it solves my particular issue of an unstable Ultra 2018 accompanying the volume/mute/power issue.

I sent them what they asked, so that they can take me back to v9.4 and back up to v10.0... I am hoping this works. I haven't had any communication back from Roku support, and my device is still at V10.0.0 Build 4198-46 without anything else staged for download.

I am not excited about having to buy another Roku, even that $70 sale on the current Ultra version.

0 Kudos
Susanle59
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Timler63 wrote:

Has there been anyone contacted by Roku that actually got this resolved????

Nope

0 Kudos
Jkullma

Jump to solution

We have 3 rokus and 2 are experiencing this issue. We purchased a new remote for the one before we realized there was a larger problem. Not cool Roku, not cool.

Roku device model
-serial number: YH007T530962
-device ID: 213097537962
-software OS/version: 10.0.0.4195
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-remote model (Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remotes > select the remote > About > Model): 
-TV brand and model number: Vizio 

0 Kudos
SooperFlye
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

For the record, I purchased my TCL in 2013, at least that's the date of the software.

-Roku Device Model
3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

-Serial Number
YH00EX538200

-Device ID
C137AE538200

-Software OS/version
10.0.0 - build 4198-50

-TV Brand + Model Number
TCL - LE32HDE5310TA

0 Kudos
SooperFlye
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Oops, forgot the remote control:

-Remote Model
RC541

0 Kudos