Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fulleren
Reel Rookie

Tv not Working with any remote

Hello! I have a Roku Tv I got about 6 years ago and it's been great! But the last couple of days the remote is not really working, I have to click like 10 times for it to register any button! Figured batteries, changed them, twice, still no luck. I have a backup remote that's already paired, same issue. I have the roku app and have used the remote sometimes and it was working for an hour but now it says it can't connect to the TV and when I tried to forget device and reconnect manually it says the ip can't be found? I downloaded a 3rd party roku remote app and it also cannot locate my roku. It is connected to wifi and plays anything when I have the patience to click through. What is happening? Besides this my tv works great, no issues at all! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Lester3

Re: Tv not Working with any remote

As a last resort, you might consider doing a factory reset on your TV. This will erase all settings and require you to set it up again, but it can solve persistent issues.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Fulleren!

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you've encountered with your Roku remote paired to your Roku TV. We'd be happy to suggest further troubleshooting steps to help you.

Before we proceed, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• What model is your Roku TV? Is it a Roku Pro Series, Plus Series, Select Series, TCL, ONN, Hisense, etc.? 
  • Is this the remote that came with this TV?
  • When and where did you purchase this?

Furthermore, here's some troubleshooting steps you can try to fix your remote:

If your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA alkaline batteries, you can reboot it by removing and reinstalling the batteries.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote

If your voice remote has a rechargeable battery, follow the steps below below to reboot your remote

• If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.
  • If your rechargeable voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. 

For further details and steps you may refer to these support articles:

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fulleren
Reel Rookie

Hi Carly! 

It's a TCL 43S405 I bought it in 2018 I believe at a Walmart. I am using the original remote (but have also tried a backup remote, the roku app and a 3rd party roku remote app) I have also replaced the batteries twice. 

Please advise what to do.

Thank you,

Erika

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Fulleren.

Thanks for the added information. Since this is a TCL Roku TV, please be informed that they manufacture their player hardware, including their remote. We only support the running software operating system of your TV. 

I suggest reaching out to TCL Support for further assistance and clarification. 

In the meantime, you may check our website, as we offer a replacement remote for your TCL Roku TV, the Roku TV Remote. We also appreciate you utilizing the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.