Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drye
Reel Rookie

Toshiba tv won’t pair to my remote

I tried to pair older Toshiba tv with remote and went through all 50 numbers. Is there any other way to pair?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Re: Toshiba tv won’t pair to my remote

How old is the TV? Which Roku model did you purchase? 

0 Kudos
Drye
Reel Rookie

8 years 

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

You didn’t answer my other questions. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Drye wrote:

I tried to pair older Toshiba tv with remote and went through all 50 numbers. Is there any other way to pair?

I've used Roku Voice Remotes on older Toshiba TVs, and had success with them. Perhaps the model you have is using a different IR codeset. What's the model number of your Toshiba TV.

Also, as way of information, Roku remotes don't really pair with TVs (not talking Roku TVs, but other TVs). They can be configured to work with the TVs, but it's not an actual pairing. The remotes pair with the Roku devices only. And, most of the time, in my experience, they automatically configure to work with many big name brand TVs, including Toshiba.

So, to help ensure we have a good picture of what's going on, please provide all of the following:

• Roku model number and Software version. Settings > System > About
  • TV make and model number.

With that, someone may have experience with that particular setup and know the fix quickly.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

@DBDukes  They might have bought a Roku with a simple remote. Model # of both TV and Roku would help I agree. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

A simple remote wouldn't have been able to go through tv programming process at all and the menu would give them a message this remote doesn't have that feature. But in the @Drye case it searched some codes but without success. 

Toshiba's always used the same code set except for one model it had 666 in model number, that one used the LG tv code. Other brands that used Toshiba code set were apex and changhong. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
knwpsk
Reel Rookie

Same issue (I think).

10-yr old Toshiba 46ux600u TV.

Roku model 3810R from Amazon.

It goes through all 10 setup attempts and none of them mute the TV volume.

Caveat!!  I have an optical cable plugged into the TV's sound output port, connected to my in-home sound system. Could this be an issue? I will try removing that and test it when I have a few mins.

0 Kudos