Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hkim2166
Reel Rookie

Roku remote controls two Samsung tv

I bought a second Samsung tv for my living room and I noticed my Roku Streaming Stick+ controls the volume for my second Samsung tv, which doesn’t have a roku stick attached to it. Is there anyway I can sync my roku stick to a specific tv besides using the roku stick App remote? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote controls two Samsung tv

Sorry, but no. Your Roku remote knows a samsung tv IR commands, you can't prevent that from controlling all Samsung's tv in line of sight of the roku remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Hkim2166
Reel Rookie

Are there any newer roku remotes that use WiFi or Bluetooth to remove any interference?

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@Hkim2166  You can use the Roku Remote app for your phone. It won’t turn the tv off or volume but it will work. They do have the voice remote which is WiFi direct but it will cause the same issue. The problem is the codes for the TV’s is the same. Has nothing to do with Roku 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Hkim2166 wrote:

Are there any newer roku remotes that use WiFi or Bluetooth to remove any interference?

All Roku Voice remotes use WiFi Direct, but that's only for controlling the Roku. The TV control is via IR. The one exception is if the Roku is using CEC to control the TV's volume and power. Then all control is over the WiFi connection. But I can't say for certain if the IR functions are disabled when CEC is being used. Make sure One Touch Play is enabled on the Roku and CEC is enabled on the TV. Samsung labels their CEC with the name AnyNet. 

Perhaps you could try covering the IR receiver window on one of the TVs and see if the Roku remote still controls it. If so, you can leave the IR window covered and then you won't have one remote controlling two TVs. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos