Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heartwood
Channel Surfer

TV volume changes on its own with Roku ultra and 4K streaming sticks

Model: 4802X Roku Ultra, serial no.: X010005HA0ME, software version: 12.5.0 • build 4178-C2 having issues where volume increases all by itself. Unable to add to existing reported threads. This is a second device we own that has this issue. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV volume changes on its own with Roku ultra and 4K streaming sticks

Hi @Heartwood,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about how we can help. For us to help you better, we will ask a set of questions to isolate the issue; Keep us posted on what you find out.

• When did you start seeing this issue occur?
  • Were you previously able to control your TV volume and power?
  • Have you tried to re-pair the remote and restart the Roku device?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Heartwood
Channel Surfer

Do you work for Roku? I noticed this months ago and saw the fix in this forum. Since I have the latest version you ought to be aware it’s not resolved. Yes I’ve re-paired the remote (many times I can’t count). I have always been able to control the device with the remote. I have 2 Roku devices that are used more than the others and this issue occurs on both Rokus every few days. I’ve restored the device and everything else has already been done according to the resolution posted on this forum. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Heartwood,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We know how important it is to have a functional Roku remote for controlling your Roku devices. No worries; help is here. Please try to check if there is a stuck button that you're seeing on your Roku remote.

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Heartwood
Channel Surfer

Brand new remote. There is NO stuck button. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Heartwood,

Thank you for updating us!
We'd like to investigate this issue further. Is this the original Roku remote, along with the Roku device?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Heartwood
Channel Surfer

Yes original Roku Ultras purchased in May 2023 that came with remotes. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Heartwood,

We appreciate the information that you have shared with us!

For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number?
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this Community link: Help - Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
txazgal1
Channel Surfer

I have been periodically experiencing this same volume issue with my Roku Ultra LT Model 4662RW. My system has software update 12.5.5, build 4174-46.  I can be watching any type of program on any channel and suddenly the volume level will drop to no sound at all.  I can't bring the volume back up with the volume control buttons, but it will come back if I use the replay arrow on the remote or exit out of the program and resume it.  Hopefully you can address this issue soon.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @txazgal1,

Thanks for keeping the Roku Community posted, and we appreciate the report about this remote issue.

We'd like to take a closer look into this, and to better understand, could you tell us how long and when you started seeing this?

How long have you been using this remote? Is this an intermittent issue? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far, and what didn't work?

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.