Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV volume changes on its own with Roku ultra and 4K streaming sticks

Jump to solution

Hi, @NorthIdahoStrmr.

I understand your sentiments, and I'd be happy to provide further information about this.

The Roku Ultra and Streaming Stick devices come with a Roku voice remote, which is RF-based. This remote and its voice command features can be controlled using Wi-Fi, so resetting it may resolve the issue of randomly changing volumes, as the volumes can only be controlled using the remote. 

In some cases, directly rebooting the Roku player may also resolve this, as rebooting clears the cache. I suggested troubleshooting steps to help different users affected by this resolve their issues, as users have different Roku devices, which may or may not work for them. 

We are currently monitoring this case to help determine the cause and find the best resolution possible. 

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bbauer5874
Channel Surfer

Re: TV volume changes on its own with Roku ultra and 4K streaming sticks

Jump to solution

SOLVED!!!!! Finally figured out how to fix this ongoing Roku Issue that is clearly getting No Support...

Step 1 - Turn off your Roku device

Step 2 - Disconnect all cables and power supply from the Roku

Step 3 - Throw the Roku into the Trash.

Step 4 - Reconnect your Streaming Apps through the built in and FREE streaming service you can get from your Smart TV. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.