Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: TV brand not recognized at initial setup

@abitcrazynaz if you follow the thread you will see my post is right after @mayanichole 

0 Kudos
abitcrazynaz
Channel Surfer

.Day 2. Repeated all steps I did yesterday; only today, after another update, and a system restart, all of a sudden, it recognized my remote! So now it all works. One just needs to be insane and keep trying the same thing over and over, expecting different results, because sooner or later, maybe it DOES actually get a different outcome.

RACarter

I certainly hope Roku is trying to determine why a brand new Roku 4+ can not find any TV brand during the remote set up. Frankly, the entire set up process has been painful, first no remote pairing, rebooting, retrying….  At this point I would never, ever recommend a Roku.  I’m going to reset to factory settings and try to get the TV and remote set up.  But I’m resistant to due so because of all the initial pairing issues.  If that doesn't work will try my phone hotspot. If that doesnt work, returning the Roku.  Instead of making streaming easier, it’s just adding another level frustration.  

0 Kudos

When setting up remote to control volume and on/off, tv brands screen is blank and will not let me proceed. Have done a system reset with no solution. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@davidallen0000, try connecting to your phone's hotspot to get through the setup and then switch back to your Wi-Fi afterwards.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Anaboi

You are a lifesaver!!! Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos
Enigma35

I have a Proscan and tryed everything stated in this thread.  My tv is 10 years old.  Is there a code I should use?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Enigma35

Thanks for the inquiry.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide some insight here as he's our resident Community remote expert.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

If @Enigma35 can actually chose Proscan and the codes just don't work, try RCA or LG codes instead.

But if @Enigma35 can't chose tv brand at all, then they can try the work around by using a different internet source like cellphone hotspot. Just during programming the tv brand in and then programming the remote. Then switch back to home internet. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
GummiEAH

I was also able to solve this problem by connecting to my phone as a hotspot, then searching for remote brand. 

0 Kudos