Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdaBeta27
Streaming Star

Re: TV brand not recognized at initial setup

Funai has made Emerson TVs since early 2000s afaik.     Funai-licensed brands include:
Philips, Magnavox, Emerson, and Sanyo.  Maybe one of those others will work if Emerson isn't offered as a choice.

0 Kudos
MattS16
Reel Rookie

Any suggestions for the brand BEA?  I can't find any codes that work with that TV

0 Kudos
AdaBeta27
Streaming Star

I have no clue.  Looks like that is a private label brand.  What I would try since I own GE Jasco remotes and have PDF documents of codes for CL3 and CL4 is I'd try to auto-program that remote to that TV and then I'd do the procedure that makes the remote tell me what code it's using.  Then I'd search through the code sheet and try to find an alternate common brand or brands that also use that code.   You could try Funai or any of those brands that I mentioned in earlier post.   Funai has been making TVs commonly sold at Walmart.   Or, Google and try to find another big Chinese brand that makes multiple brands and private labels.

0 Kudos
hector22x
Reel Rookie

Do you guys happen to have pihole? I do, and I only managed to make this work by temporarily disabling pihole, then resetting the Roku (I used the reset button on the underside of my Roku Ultra). After doing that, I went to Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->Enhanced Voice Remote->Set up remote for TV control. and it recognized the TV right away.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the inquiries.

I'll tag @Tivoburkee regarding those TV codes to see if he can provide helpful insight as he's our resident Community remote Expert.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

For sandstrom try TCL, not TCL's Roku TV codes, just regular TCL tv codes. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BoyMom1602
Channel Surfer

Do you have any tips for the brand onn? It's the same brand that makes Roku Tvs but my tv is not smart or Roku. It's saying brand not recognized but it says that with every single brand I try to enter. I tried LG, Samsung, Vizio, TCL, all say not recognizing as a compatible brand.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@BoyMom1602, there's a known problem with Roku devices not displaying any results when you try to search for a TV brand.  Some people have had success by connecting to an alternate network like your phone's hotspot and then going through the procedure.  Once it's set up for your TV you can go back to your regular network/Wi-Fi.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
mayanichole
Reel Rookie

Any other advice on connecting to an Emerson tv? I’m trying to pair my Roku voice remote to control my tv volume/power. But after Roku tested all the codes, it says the remote basically won’t work for my tv. Is there some way around this? @Tivoburkee 

0 Kudos
Beebell95

This worked for me! Connected to my phone as a hotspot then it recognized everything 🙂

0 Kudos