Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FEBoston
Reel Rookie

Streaming stick 4K - want to disable microphone button

Love the product, wish I bought earlier. BUT I often press the microphone button when I really want to press Play/Pause. Part of the problem, once I press the mic button there is no way to cancel. Have to go to Home then navigate back to program we were watching.

I would like to disable the microphone button. I have already, with community and online help, in effect disabled volume and mute controls.

Short of pouring epoxy on the mic button, is there a way to disable it? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming stick 4K - want to disable microphone button

Is that in a particular app?  I just tried it and it says "Thinking..." after I release the button and then goes away.  Sometimes it pops up suggestions, but I just press the Back button to get rid of them.

You can't disable one button.  I'd probably take the remote apart and put a piece of tape under the button, but it is a pain to open these remotes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
FEBoston
Reel Rookie

Re: Streaming stick 4K - want to disable microphone button

Sorry for the delay, and I was wrong to accuse the Roku product. It turns out with the other services we use (Netflix, Prime, Kanopy, PBS), if I press the mic button by mistake, the Back button (top of remote to left of Home button) cancels the voice command.

So Hoopla has a defect and I'll now let them know it's on them. Thanks for the guidance.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.