Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfwWVA

Roku barely responds to both Roku Remote and APP remote

I have 17 Roku devices in my inn and experienced with bad remotes, battery issues, etc.  However, one of the units is extremely slow and freezes up when navigating menus.  I don't know about streaming because I can't get that far in the menu system.  It's kind of like a bad remote control, but behaves the same even using the remote control on the Roku app.  It's essentially non responsive.  So I have to assume it's the actual Roku box.  Despite resetting the box several times and disconnecting power, I'm still having the same issue.  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku barely responds to both Roku Remote and APP remote

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community, @gfwWVA!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issues you've encountered with your Roku's running interface. Rest assured that we will help you find the best resolution possible.

Since you've mentioned that it still reacts to both the physical remote and mobile app, this means that your Roku device is still working. However, it might need a software update. 

We suggest manually checking for software updates under Settings > System > Software update > Check Now. After doing so and the interface is still slow, you may want to consider checking this support article to help you determine if this particular Roku device can receive the latest software version:

I hope you find this information helpful!

Best regards,
Carly
Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.