Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kuvaa

Roku TV/Remote won’t pair.

I have an insignia roku tv with a matching insignia remote but I haven’t used the remote in over a year because it won’t pair so I just use the tv buttons. I’ve tried pretty much everything but nothing will work.

The remote doesn’t have a pairing button or anything like that.

I can’t connect to the tv with the Roku app either because it says the tv is off, even though is isn’t.

I also don’t even know if the tv is connected to the internet and I have no access to any settings without a remote

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV/Remote won’t pair.

Greetings from the Roku Community, @kuvaa!

Thank you for letting us know about having problems pairing the remote with your Insignia Roku TV. We're here to help and provide further information. 

Since you've mentioned this happening on an Insignia Roku TV, please be informed that they manufacture their own player hardware, including their remotes. Their remote works via IR, which doesn't need to be paired, as it automatically controls your TV by pointing it directly at the TV. 

If you are unable to do so, have you tried changing its batteries? If this still doesn't work, you may check for replacements here:

We only support your TV's running software operating system and this is a hardware issue.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.