Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rsjo

Roku life span they work great until they dont

Looking for answers, been through this before and always has the exact symptoms 

Roku sticks work great for months, then they freeze , you reset them so all you can and the only thing that works is a total reset. Enter all information in from a ratch and it seems to be ok for a day .

Then it happens again.

Remember they work flawlessly for months until they don't then your in the circle of PITA . daily procedures.

It happens between 9 month to 14 months. I feel they just **bleep** out after a while 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku life span they work great until they dont

I think all the Roku devices that get their power through a microUSB connector suffer from cheap USB power adapters, overtaxed USB ports on TVs that were never meant to supply that kind of power, or corroded/oxidized USB connectors.  I only have one stick in use right now and I haven't had a problem with it and it's well over 9 to 14 months old, but I have a few Express or Premiere devices that have issues with their power connection.  One I fixed by eliminating the connectors and soldering wires directly to the circuit board and power adapter.  I haven't had a problem with it since.  If my stick ever starts giving me problems maybe I'll try the same treatment, although the long-range wireless thing may be a problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.