Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming Stick Remote Replacement

Jump to solution

I moved and lost my remote for my 3600X streaming stick. Now I can't find a replacement remote for it anywhere, can't use the app because it's not hooked up to the internet yet and without a new remote it's essentially trash. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streaming Stick Remote Replacement

Jump to solution

@Racheldancer100 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku Streaming Stick 3600, you can purchase a Voice Remote on our Support page here: Streaming Stick® Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you want one quick go to walmart or best buy and get the rc-al7 wifi voice remote. Its $19.88 at walmart and $29.99 at best buy. Both amazon and roku are sold out. At walmart they're not with streamers, but with the other universal remotes. Remember your stick only takes wifi remotes, you can';t control them with IR universal remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Racheldancer100 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku Streaming Stick 3600, you can purchase a Voice Remote on our Support page here: Streaming Stick® Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
feralcow

Jump to solution

Hi. I actually moved to Spain and forgot my remote. Can I make an order to ship a remote here?

0 Kudos
Casemosta

Jump to solution

Hello, 

We have an issue where our remote just stopped working as it seems the batteries might have leaked in the remote frying it.

We have following the link you provided but no where can we find just the remote replacement link to purchase. Everything is for a combo product. We have the Streaming Stick Plus and just want a remote not another stick. Unfortunately, we can use the app at the moment.

Can you provide a link just to the remote itself?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

If that link doesn't take you to the list of remotes, then you're not in the U.S. and they only sell when they're in stock to U.S. The $19.99 voice remote is on backorder until 9/30, and Enhanced until 9/14 anyways. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Alx_Blanco

Jump to solution

I had a 3810X stick model, the remote worked only for 3 months (very bad) so I had to use the App which work fine. BUT... when I had to change WiFi Password for secutity reasons guess what?... I Couldn't get the device reconected because it needs the remote!!!!! And the only solution I've read in this blog is "Buy another"... There's no remotes available and you cannot configure the stick using the laptop USB port (for God's sake we're in 21st century) I'm really upset with the poor quality of the remote, and the lack of remote replacements available.

BTW the link "https://www.roku.com/es-mx/products/accessories/streaming-stick" leads you to a no-valid page.  Hope developers take action and improve the App so as we can change network configuration in a rush.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

As written in this thread previously, Roku only sells to U.S. buyers. Your link takes me to a Spanish Roku website. If you're in the U.S. try the following:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Edmund

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Alx_Blanco wrote:

I had a 3810X stick model, the remote worked only for 3 months (very bad) so I had to use the App which work fine. BUT... when I had to change WiFi Password for secutity reasons guess what?... I Couldn't get the device reconected because it needs the remote!!!!! And the only solution I've read in this blog is "Buy another"... There's no remotes available and you cannot configure the stick using the laptop USB port (for God's sake we're in 21st century) I'm really upset with the poor quality of the remote, and the lack of remote replacements available.

BTW the link "https://www.roku.com/es-mx/products/accessories/streaming-stick" leads you to a no-valid page.  Hope developers take action and improve the App so as we can change network configuration in a rush.

I have several of those Roku Streaming Stick+ devices, and even more of the remotes, since those can be purchased separately. I bought remotes to work with other older Roku devices that are still in service. They all work great. It sounds as if you simply got a bad one. Since it went bad during the warranty period, pursuing warranty replacement of the remote would have been the best avenue.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Tgawroecki

Jump to solution

that link leads to a whole bunch of accessories, absolutely none of which are compatible with the Roku streaming stick

0 Kudos