Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GasparillaKen
Channel Surfer

Streaming Stick Remote Problems

I have not seen any fixes for an intermittent fixes on the 4K remote. My remote locks up at least once a day. We would like to hear solutions from Roku

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming stick Remote Problems

Hi @GasparillaKen.

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We would like to know more about how we can assist. Could you please tell us more information about the issue you're experiencing? What Roku device are you currently using? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

The information you provide us will help us provide you with assistance.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GasparillaKen
Channel Surfer

Re: Streaming Stick Remote Problems

My remote is a 4k with voice. It locks up daily, no buttons or voice work for a minute or two. Reading all the issues on remote, I am not the only one.

thank you

Ken

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GasparillaKen,

We appreciate you keeping us posted.

To resolve the issue, you can refer to this support article for troubleshooting steps at this link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Options are provided in this link that commonly addresses the issue with Roku remotes and get you back to streaming,

Please let us know how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GasparillaKen
Channel Surfer

It’s the rechargeable issue I have to plug in the remote, it will come alive after a couple minutes. Then last only about 90 minutes before I need to plug it in to charge. This remote is less than a year old.

how do you pair the LG remote that came with the tv.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GasparillaKen,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're more than glad to assist you further. Would it be fine that we'll gather more information about your device for us to identify the issue? Please provide your Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GasparillaKen
Channel Surfer

Model 3821X Streaming Stick

X0170074219x

SW 12.0.0. build 4184-cu

device id S09y41c4219x

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @GasparillaKen,

Thanks for the post,

We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to assist you further. 

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GasparillaKen
Channel Surfer

I got asked to do a rating, your support team has not contacted me for a solution. Do I have to buy a new remote for $30, is it normal they last less than a year.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GasparillaKen,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are experiencing an issue with your remote. Please be advised that we have passed along your information to our Support team. Please check your email from time to time.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.