Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stick looking for voice remote- I don't have one of those!

I'm on a trip with my Roku stick, and after plugging into the hotel TV, the remote wants "voice consent" from a Roku voice remote.  This stick cam with the basic remote- no mic button, no side switch.  I've tried the press the * 4 times rapidly, no help.  Can't get the remote to scroll to the "I understand" box.  Help? The stick is useless right now.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stick looking for voice remote- I don't have one of those!

What's the model number written on the "stick"?  Does it plug directly into the TV without the need for an HDMI cable?  If not, it's not a stick.  Sticks don't work with simple remotes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

well, let's see.  I used this exact stick/remote combo at my house for 3 years, and now I have it with me on a trip and the stick that is plugged into the TV is looking for a voice remote.  Why, I don't know. 

0 Kudos

model 3920X

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

The 3920x is not Roku Stick, it doesn't have a built-in hdmi connector, right? It has hdmi jack to accept a hdmi cable which can unhook from each other. So yes, it comes with simple remote and so needs a line of sight to the front of the Roku box. It can't be buried behind the tv out of sight. If the remote still doesn't work check to see if it's in working order by pointing remote at your cellphone camera as you press a key, if you see flashes it working, no flashing its broken. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos