Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Derekc

Some Roku device remote buttons controlling wrong actions, other buttons not responding

I'm having a similar issue see my ok button on my roku remote is turning down the volume on my vizio soundbar. How can I fix this. Not i have a hisense roku tv.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Some Roku ultra remote buttons controlling wrong actions, other buttons not responding

@Derekc 

Sorry you can't, Hisense Roku tv's use the same code set that Vizio tv use. And a feature of some Vizio Soundbars I guess like yours is that the Vizio SB responds to the Vizio tv code. So, neither can change the IR code it responds to. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JCCJ14

Re: Some Roku ultra remote buttons controlling wrong actions, other buttons not responding

I have a similar issue.  The only button that does not work is the right direction which started today.  The button doesn’t look stuck.  What do you suggest?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@JCCJ14 

Have you tried blowing it out with compressed air, in case there is dust/dirt interfering with the contacts?

And you are using the Voice Remote that came with your Roku Ultra, right? Not a third party universal remote?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
JCCJ14

Sorry this am roku streaming stick.  I thought it was just the right direction but it is also the left arrow button.  

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@JCCJ14 

Though this thread is about the Ultra, your Streaming Stick uses the same remote, so the suggestion stands.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Kellies422

I am having this exact same problem; please help!!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Kellies422

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.