Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liga

Simple remote not responding

I have a Roku Premier with a simple remote that suddenly stopped working. Powering off and on, resetting the Roku, changing batteries twice, making sure it's aimed properly, etc. have all been tried. Is there anything else to be done or is it just broken?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Simple remote not responding

Point the remote at a digital camera like the one in your phone and when you press buttons on the remote you should see a flash/glow coming from the remote on the camera's screen.  If you're not seeing anything, the remote or its batteries may be dead.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Liga!

I'd be happy to provide further troubleshooting steps to help you utilize your Roku Players (simple) remote again. 

In addition to what our Roku Streaming Expert provided above, this article provides instructions on how to fix issues with your Roku simple remote, such as delayed, unresponsive, or missed button presses.

How to fix your Roku Players (simple) remote that is not working.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Meezy201

My simple roku remote just suddenly stopped working 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Meezy201,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about your Roku Simple remote not working. We're pleased to assist you.

• What device are you using right now?
  • Is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • How long have you been using this remote?

Here are some checklists that we want you to verify:

1. Test for visible obstructions
    • Make sure you can see the front of your Roku device from where you are sitting. Try holding your remote higher (e.g., above your head) and point it downwards at the front of your Roku device. Move the remote to the left and right, making sure it is always pointing directly at the front of your Roku device. If your Roku device becomes more responsive when testing from various positions, check that no obstructions are blocking the front of your Roku device, or the signal from your remote. Move any obstacles that may block the signal, or if possible, move your Roku device to a position where it responds reliably to button presses.
  2. Reseat the batteries
    • If your Roku device is still not responding to button presses, try removing the batteries from your remote and re-inserting them.
  3. Replace the batteries
    • If your Roku device continues to be unresponsive to button presses, try replacing the batteries in your remote with fresh matching batteries.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article and for additional troubleshooting steps provided by @RokuCarly 

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.