Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zipple

Sharp Roku TV remote range randomly decreased

I’ve had a Sharp Roku LC-40LB601U TV for about 3.5 years and recently the remote range has drastically decreased. I used to be able to use it in basically any part of the room it’s located in and it now only works directly across from the receiver at a certain angle. I’ve tried new batteries and a different remote and am still having the same issue. I’ve also made sure nothing is blocking the receiver on the TV and tried cleaning it off for dust, etc. Has this happened to anyone else/are there any solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Sharp Roku TV remote range randomly decreased

Hi @zipple

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

You can contact Sharp TV Support here.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Sharp Roku TV remote range randomly decreased

@zipple This may be a total shot in the dark but I have a TCL Roku TV that I have found the remote works fine when the TV is connected to my 5 GHz network but the remote is very spotty when the TV is connected to my 2.4 GHz network.  You might want to check which Wifi network your TV is connected to if it is possible that has changed.  As I said this may not be related in any way to your problem.  I have two other TCL Roku TVs and the remotes work fine on either wifi network.

0 Kudos