Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrolling and Remote Paring

Jump to solution

My remote just started malfunctioning. It is a simple remote and the device keeps suggesting I pair the remote. I have had this remote for about eight years and have never had to pair it. Also, it scrolls so quickly it nearly makes me dizzy. 

To resolve the issue, I have unplugged the device and checked the batteries. Nothing worked. Is there a systematic issue or do I need a new system? I hope I don't need a new one because my funds will not allow such. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Scrolling and Remote Paring

Jump to solution

Warm greetings from the Roku Community, @preachercarter!

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out for support and we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution so you can utilize your Roku remote again.

In this case, may we know the placement of your Roku device? Is there anything that is blocking the IR? If so, kindly clear any blockage from the device as the remote must be pointed directly at your Roku Express and there must be nothing blocking the signal from your remote.

Additionally, kindly try to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it. After doing so, try it again to see if this will make any difference.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Scrolling and Remote Paring

Jump to solution

Warm greetings from the Roku Community, @preachercarter!

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out for support and we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution so you can utilize your Roku remote again.

In this case, may we know the placement of your Roku device? Is there anything that is blocking the IR? If so, kindly clear any blockage from the device as the remote must be pointed directly at your Roku Express and there must be nothing blocking the signal from your remote.

Additionally, kindly try to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it. After doing so, try it again to see if this will make any difference.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos