Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
POOSK

Re: Roku volume control, out of control

Well I'm having the same crazy volume trouble with my Roku Ultra and also audible volume seems to turn on when it feels like also. I also have a Sony tv and am wondering if that has anything to do with it. I am using my Sony remote for volume control now and so far it seems to only do this with the Roku remote. I hit the home and back buttons when this happened and it indicated software version 12.5.0, build 4175-c2. Issue ID...LH-429-269

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for joining us here in the Roku Community, @POOSK!

We appreciate you for raising your remote issues with us. 

No worries. We have already requested additional help from our Support team for further advice and assistance. Kindly keep an eye out for your inbox, as they will reach you through your email. 

In the meantime, you can install the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. It works well with all of Roku's streaming devices and has a private listening feature.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wildangel
Reel Rookie

Personal update: my remote works like new again!

We have a other remote for a different Roku however this will most likely work if you only have one remote:

From Main Menu > Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes

I added our 2nd remote and removed the remote that had volume problems (remote 1). Next I re-added the problematic remote 1 and I haven't had an issue since!

I REALLY hope this helps other users because I was at my limit with frustrations!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.