Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ddsmitty1
Channel Surfer

Roku ultra rebooting and remote issues

Roku Ultra 4670X model

SW version 10.0.0 build 4290-46

When I plug headphones into the controller, it becomes unable to send commands to the TV or the Roku itself for a couple minutes. Then the Roku reboots itself. This happens every time I plug a headset into the controller.

I have only noticed this within the past week or so. Is this a bug with the latest software or something?

15 REPLIES 15
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku ultra rebooting and remote issues

You probably mean firmware version 10.0.0-4209.

Try:

1) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

2) Restart your Roku:  Setting/System/System restart/Restart

3) Remove batteries from remote for a few minutes, reinstall (try new batteries as well)

0 Kudos
Ddsmitty1
Channel Surfer

Yup, I did mean 4209. 
1) sw is up to date

2) I restarted the system

3) I put in fresh batteries

I plugged the headset in and the system rebooted again. This time I left the headset plugged in throughout the reboot, and every time I push a button on the remote (with the headset plugged in) the system reboots again.

So, no change in the results, unfortunately.

Very frustrating since the ability to listen from the controller is the main reason I upgraded to Ultra in the first place. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

What is the remote model # and firmware version?  Settings/Remotes & devices/Remotes/<remote type> (In use)/About

0 Kudos
Ddsmitty1
Channel Surfer

Model RC496

Firmware version 2.01.19.108

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

That's the standard 4670 remote and current firmware.

I can't reproduce it with my 4670 and RC496 and headphones (any kind).

Does this happen with all apps/in the UI, or only when you are in a specific app?

Try changing your audio settings and seeing if this still happens: 

1) Change Settings/Audio/HDMI=PCM-Stereo, and Settings/Audio/Audio mode=Stereo

2) Plug in headphones

Otherwise, before doing a factory reset, you might want to unplug the 4670 for 5-10 minutes and try again, and contacting Roku directly to report this:

chat/email/phone:    https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

..and message @RokuDanny-R  with your system details and a brief description and he can assist you further.

CM79
Reel Rookie

I'm still seeing this reboot issue on my Roku Ultra with the latest firmware. The workaround of changing to Stereo seems to work, but is there going to be a real fix for this problem. It's been reported for many months now. 

0 Kudos
Alexf76

I just encountered this issue for the first time, and am dismayed to find it's an unresolved issue over a year old.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Alexf73

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ddsmitty1
Channel Surfer

I’m still seeing this issue after all this time. I plug in a headset, the Roku reboots. Happens no matter what app I’m using. Even happens on the Home Screen. This is the main feature I bought this thing for, and it’s frustrating that I’d doesn’t work as advertised. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos