Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Molimo

Roku remote wont work with 1920*1080p@60Hz.

We have Xfinity and our Roku has been working fine until the last few days when the Roku remote wouldn't work until I turned it and the TV off and started again.  Now, it doesn't work when I do that.  I tired restarting the modem and that didn't work either.  I can only access the Roku home page which has a brief message that pops up in the left hand corner.  Under the heading "HDMI2" it reads: 1920*1080p@60Hz.    Does anyone know what that means?  Not sure if this is a problem with the Xfinity modem or Roku.  Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote wont work with 1920*1080p@60Hz.

The message is coming from your TV and has nothing to do with your remote.  It's just telling you what input is selected and the current information of the source.  It would help to know the model number of your Roku device written on it somewhere and whether or not you have a voice remote.  It sounds like you do have a voice remote since they're the only ones with a power button, but you should know that that button is strictly for the TV.  I have to ask the simple question:  have you tried new batteries or charging your remote if it's rechargeable?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.