Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickm0rris
Reel Rookie

ROKU voice remote battery draining

Jump to solution

Ever since I got this remote it has been nothing short of junk. Batteries always need changing (Drains them) and to make it work takes 5 or more tries. Anyone else having problems like this or did I get a bad controller?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU voice remote battery draining

Jump to solution

Hi @rickm0rris, thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience your Roku voice remote is causing you, and we're here to assist you with this issue. 

Before we get started, could you please let us know which Roku device you paired with this remote? Also, did you purchase this Roku remote separately?

We also suggest resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and try using the Roku voice remote features to see if this makes any difference.

Let us know if that helps!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No you aren't the only one, many of us have gotten bad remotes. It's a design flaw that Roku will not address because they either don't know how to fix it or they are too cheap to redesign the remotes into a version that actually works properly. Complaints have been going on for years and the moderators here are completely useless.

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rickm0rris, thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience your Roku voice remote is causing you, and we're here to assist you with this issue. 

Before we get started, could you please let us know which Roku device you paired with this remote? Also, did you purchase this Roku remote separately?

We also suggest resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and try using the Roku voice remote features to see if this makes any difference.

Let us know if that helps!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rickm0rris
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Got a better idea, make a good remote and don't blame the people using them. I didn't buy it to fix it, I bought it to use it and for it to work right. It doesn't and apparently there are a lot of people complaining but ROKU is not solving the problem.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.