Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acurri

Re: Roku remote unable to hear me

Did not solve problem. Voice command still cannot hear me. It’s always worked fine.

0 Kudos
Mary40

Interesting, I'm not the only one with this prob.  I've also tried everything suggested, and still the remote says the same thing, unable to hear me.  

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users!

Greetings from the Roku Community.

Thank you for reporting the issues you're experiencing with the voice commands of your Roku remotes. I'd be happy to investigate and help you find the best resolution.

Before proceeding, kindly provide me with the following details so I can assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate resolution:

• Serial number of the Roku device this remote is connected to:
  • Is this the remote that comes with this Roku device, or was this purchased separately?
  • Have you recently received any software updates on your Roku device? You can check under Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > About.
  • Specific troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

In the meantime, I highly suggest resetting your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again to see if this will make any difference. 

Your update is highly anticipated. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Watersfam
Reel Rookie

@RokuCarly 

Thank you for responding. The suggestion to reset and re-pair did not work for us.

Here are the responses to your questions. 

Serial number of the Roku device:
Can you please give me an email to send this to or email me, I do not wish to post that info publicly.

Is this the remote that comes with this Roku device, or was this purchased separately?
Yes, they both came with the roku players and both were working until some time late last year after one of the updates. Voice controls stopped working around the same time for both.

Have you recently received any software updates on your Roku device?
Last update was May 15, 2024 but been having issues for several months.

Specific troubleshooting:
I had tried every suggestion in this thread- replacing batteries, unplugging then plugged back up and re-pairing,
Including  your recent suggestion of
resetting both remotes by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons as suggested and then re-pairing both.

Is there anything else you can suggest or an update that is available to fix this? So many people are having this same issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Watersfam.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and for trying to troubleshoot your Roku remote. 

You may send me the serial number of the Roku device this remote is currently paired to via Private Message. To send a PM, kindly select my username, View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message.

I'll be looking forward to your message. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Watersfam
Reel Rookie

@RokuCarly 

Hi Carly, I have sent the info to you now.

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting me know, @Watersfam.

Looking forward to continue assisting you via PM!

Happy Streaming! 💜
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Watersfam
Reel Rookie

Just as an update for anyone who doesn't know this: No matter how many months you have been seeking a solution, if your warranty has expired in that time, they can't do anything for you other than suggest you purchase a replacement remote which costs as much as the remote and roku player did if you choose to buy a replacement on their website. At least it is cheaper on Amazon for an OEM Roku voice remote, but we may go with another company since we have 5 roku devices and the 2 that are voice controlled no longer work for voice.

But on the plus side, Carly was very helpful and straightforward and offered more suggestions than any of the other ones that I saw on here.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.