Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orrin
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

Premier 3920x

RC538 remote

Vizio (old non smart version)

My remote is about 2 years old and only recently began to lose TV volume & power functions.

I have found the if I leave the charging cord connected (even though it is at 100%),

the TV functions continue to work.

This is a sign that the internal battery no longer at full voltage and is wearing out.

0 Kudos
HMRC
Reel Rookie

Chris1966
Reel Rookie

Same frustrating issues here. Almost to a point where I begin to use something different.

SN of the Roku 4802RW Ultra - X01000P3S0KV 

Device ID - S0DC223S0KV

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Chris1966

Thank you for the inquiry!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Chris1966
Reel Rookie

Exactly as others have described. For several months and getting progressively worse. After turning on the ROKU which turns on my tv, the volume. mute, and power buttons become unresponsive. Leaving it alone for a few minutes it will sometimes fix itself and others I unplug the power cord and walk away for over an hour and it does not remedy itself. Rebooting by unplugging does not fix the issue. As far as reproducing the problem I don't try. It will do it at random while watching tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Chris1966

Thank you for the inquiry!

If your Roku Voice Remote Pro volume, mute, and power buttons become unresponsive, it could be due to a few different reasons:

• Low battery: If the battery level in your remote is low, it may cause the remote to malfunction. Try replacing the batteries in your remote.
  • Interference: Sometimes, interference from other electronic devices can cause your remote to malfunction. Try moving your Roku device and remote away from other electronic devices, especially devices that use Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
  • Pairing issue: If your remote is not properly paired with your Roku device, it can cause it to malfunction. Try re-pairing your remote with your Roku device by following the instructions in the Roku settings.
  • Software issue: If your remote is still not working properly, it could be due to a software issue. Try restarting your Roku device by going to Settings > System > System restart. You can also try resetting your Roku device to its factory settings by going to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset. This will erase all your Roku data, so make sure to back up any important information before proceeding.

In summary, the issue with your Roku Voice Remote Pro volume, mute, and power buttons becoming unresponsive could be due to low battery, interference, pairing issue, or software issue. Try the above steps to see if they resolve the issue, and if not, contact customer support for further assistance.  

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
joeking23
Channel Surfer

I feel your 'pain' ...same w/ my LG.

Try this

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes/Roku-Voice-Remote-TV-Controls-Stop-Working-Potential-Fix/m-p/8...

Got it from HMRC (Level 1) ... seems to be working now, but who knows, it may '**bleep** out'  anytime.

lohphat
Streaming Star

This FINALLY worked.

My remote RT701 was running rtn.4190 and by forcing the OTA update is FINALLY fixed the problem after MONTHS of being broken.

0 Kudos
mike234
Binge Watcher

Would you please give us a steep by steep on how to do this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
joeking23
Channel Surfer

If you click on the link, the steps are explained - its pretty explicit.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes/Roku-Voice-Remote-TV-Controls-Stop-Working-Potential-Fix/m-p/8...