Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catreno3

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons

Jump to solution

I 'upgraded' my Roku remote by purchasing a voice remote in December 2023.  Now in May 2024, the right arrow button does not work as it is VERY hard to press to make it move.  Very frustrating to say the least.  I purchased from Target online but the return window is closed.  What is the warranty on this remote?  Can I get a replacement? 

GalvTexGuy

Jump to solution

Same issue. Fast forward button is ridiculously hard to press. So much so, my thumb gets sore.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Catreno3!

Thank you for reporting the issues you've encountered with your Roku Voice Remote. I'd be happy to coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement. 

I will contact you via Private Message to gather the necessary details. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further updates. 

In the meantime, you may install the Roku Mobile App as an alternative to your physical remote. This works well with all of Roku's streaming devices and has a Headphones Mode (private listening) feature. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @GalvTexGuy!

I'd be more than happy to check and validate this Roku player's remote that you are having issues with and help you find the best resolution possible. 

Please provide me with the serial number of the Roku device to which this remote is currently connected. Also, does this remote come with your Roku device? 

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MikeHunt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm still waiting for the Roku team to get back to me. They ask me for information in an email, I replied and they never replied back. The remotes right button does not work but obviously they aren't going to make good on resolving this issue because it's been months now. I am very disappointed in them. I have been a costumer since 2017 but I may not be anymore after this issue. I cannot not use the remote and that is the only way to work the TV. They should be ashamed of themselves. They expect us to buy another one which is not good for their costumers. I'm sure I am not the only one who feels these way. If you do not get back to me I will be forced to get rid on ruko altogether. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Mike!

Thanks for letting us know about this. I'd be happy to check your email and proceed to the next steps.

I will be coordinating this with our Support team for additional reinforcement. In this case, I will reach out to you via Private Message to gather further details.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.