Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subrayhegde
Reel Rookie

Roku remote eats up battery

Hi,

My roku remote was working well till about a month ago. Last time it became dead, I realized it was due to battery and I replaced them. The battery drains within a week. There is some problem with it. How do I fix this issue?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remote eats up battery

This has been a major complaint going back several years. The remotes are flawed and they drain the batteries like crazy even if you don't have your Roku plugged in. So many people are sick and tired of this so you are not alone. I suggest removing the batteries whenever you are done using the Roku and only put them back in when you are using the remote. A complete annoyance that you shouldn't have to do but it works. Since I started doing this my batteries are lasting a lot longer.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @subrayhegde

It's our pleasure to welcome you here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you've experienced an issue with the Roku remote draining batteries within a week, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. We would be more than glad to help. May we know what specific model is your Roku remote? (i.e. Roku simple, Roku voice). Also, have you tried using other batteries to see if it drains fast too?

Keep us posted, and we'll assist further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
subrayhegde
Reel Rookie

Hi Kash,

As I mentioned before, it was working well until a couple of months ago. I have tried different batteries. Result is the same. Within a week, the batteries get drained. I do not see an option to attach a picture of my remote.I am not sure how to check the model number or the serial number but, it is the one without voice recognition option. It her 11 buttons other than the OK/Scroll button. It has Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+ and hulu on 4 of those buttons in the bottom. Let me know if you need any further information. Also let me know if there is a support number where I can discuss the issue. If not, let me know how you can help me. 

Thanks and Regards

Subray

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@subrayhegde,

Thanks for the extra details!

We'd like to take a closer look at this. Could you share with us the serial number of the device with which it is paired? This can usually be found at the back of the Roku device or by navigating to Settings>>System>>About. We'll be able to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
subrayhegde
Reel Rookie

Hi Rey,

K42166925803 is the serial number I found on the back of the device. Let me know how you can help.

Thanks and Regards

Subray Hegde

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@subrayhegde,

Thanks for the update and sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

I sent you a PM for further assistance.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.