Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPMartin

Re: Battery Draining in 2 weeks (if you are lucky)

I am having the exact same problem with my 4K remote, replacing batteries about once per week.

Roku, you have a defective product and a lot of frustrated customers.  What are you going to do to fix it?

0 Kudos
Amelia70
Streaming Star

Re: Battery Draining in 2 weeks (if you are lucky)

They’re obviously not doing a thing since this problem has persisted for several years. If your warranty is under a year they will  replace it if you are persistent. It’s a shame because otherwise it’s a great product. 

hrhqc

Re: Roku remote battery draining in 2 weeks

I am having the same problem as the OP.

I have had my Express since November 2022. I had no problem until May 2023.

The remote batteries drain about every 10 days.

I do not watch Youtube or use the remote heavily.

I have never used the remote for private listening (if it’s even able to do that).

I watch a couple of hours daily, usually on the same channel or at most 2.

I started Googling on the computer and found this is a common, recurring problem for people.

I hope someone can please help.

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @hrhqc,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention regarding your Roku remote batteries draining quickly. Please be advised that we've passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will reach out to you to assist you further. 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Anjelie 

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
korisnik
Reel Rookie

I have two devices; Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Premiere that have had this problem since day one. I've been using Roku products since 2007, and the older products did not have these issues. I like Roku, but when I add the money I have spent on batteries over the years, I am not exaggerating when I say I could have bought the newest Apple TV. I am changing batteries once a week at best. My next streaming product won't be Roku.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.