Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote batteries keeps dying every week 😒

@Bonez

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are still unable to get in touch with our Support team, can you please verify your email address that is linked to your Roku account by sending me the email address in a PM? 

I'll be able to pass the information along to our Support team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
martytanis
Channel Surfer

Same Same.  Waiting for reply to be posted by tech support so I can watch TV without wanting to throw the remote.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@martytanis

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

@RokuKariza-D if the warranty is up you can’t provide people with a proper solution to the very large problem that a lot of people are having with batteries dying after a couple days/weeks? I don’t know why that would matter. It seems like a manufacturer issue with the remotes

Emissary35
Roku Guru

This remote battery draining issue as well as malfunctioning battery pop up warning on the screen have literally been happening for years. Roku can't make a voice remote that functions properly, in all that time nothing has been fixed. The same exact complaints just keep coming in with no fix.

Every time someone makes this complaint we see they get the same inane response by the moderators here. Asking you to paste your serial number and other device info, telling you to reset your device, unpair/repair your remote, change batteries etc. Then possibly send you a brand new remote (that's also defective) and nothing ever changes.

It's obvious that Roku is not serious about fixing this problem and the people who work for Roku that moderate this community are nothing more than parrots copying and pasting from the same help script over and over again, they can't actually help but are appearing to give us the illusion that Roku is doing something about this when it's the exact opposite.

Whether these moderators send in our complaints or not I have no idea, but if they do they are being ignored by the technical people at Roku who manufacture the remotes. My guess is that Roku is completely aware of this problem, they don't have a solution to fix it and they don't want to spend the money to design brand new remotes that actually work, because it will be too costly for the company.

It's funny I never have any issues with my voice remotes on my Fire TV devices that I own, only Roku. Maybe it's just time to switch to a better product and drop Roku entirely. If enough people do that maybe it will motivate Roku to actually take this defective remote issue seriously.