Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ganatbasa

Roku remote ( ROKU Remote )

I have a hisense roku smart tv and out of nowhere the remote stopped working. I put fresh batteries and cleaned remote and still nothing. I've tried everything I could find online about fixing to no avail. So now I can't watch anything on tv bcuz remote won't work. I'm not very tech savvy, so it may be something simple. Sorry in advance if this has been asked before.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote ( ROKU Remote )

Hi @ganatbasa

Thank you for the post!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Hisense Roku Smart TV remote. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check the batteries in the remote. Make sure they are inserted correctly and that they are not low or dead. You may want to try replacing them with fresh batteries to see if that resolves the issue.
  • Try resetting your remote. To do this, remove the batteries from the remote and press each button on the remote once. Then, reinsert the batteries and try using the remote again.
  • Check to make sure that the remote and the TV are paired. To do this, point the remote at the TV and press and hold the pairing button on the remote for 3 seconds. If the pairing is successful, the LED on the remote will blink 3 times.
  • Make sure that there are no obstructions between the remote and the TV. Sometimes, physical barriers such as furniture or other electronic devices can interfere with the remote signal.
  • If none of these solutions work, try using the Roku mobile app as a remote. You can download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store. This will allow you to control your TV using your phone.
  • If the remote still isn't working, contact Hisense customer support for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue or provide you with a replacement remote.

I hope these suggestions help you get your remote working again so that you can continue to enjoy your TV.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.