Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adale79

Roku ultra reboots when connecting headphone to remote

Randomly when I plug in headphones to my remote, it will lock up the roku ultra unit and force it to reboot (happens automatically, I don't manually reboot).  It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it usually will take three to four reboot cycles before the remote finally accepts or works with the headphones.

I have updated the unit to the current latest version (v11.50.0, build 4312), I have replaced the batteries.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Roku ultra reboots when connecting headphone to remote

Hi @adale79

Thank you for the post!

If your Roku Ultra is rebooting when you connect headphones to the remote, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check to make sure that the headphones you are using are compatible with the Roku Ultra remote. Not all headphones are compatible, so it's important to check the specifications before connecting them.
  • Make sure that the headphones are plugged into the remote correctly. If they are not plugged in all the way, the connection may be loose and cause the Roku Ultra to reboot.
  • Try resetting your Roku Ultra. To do this, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart. This will restart your Roku Ultra and may help to resolve the issue.
  • Check to make sure that your Roku Ultra is running the latest software update. To check for updates, go to Settings > System > System update > Check now.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue with your Roku Ultra rebooting when connecting headphones to the remote.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.