Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobA24
Reel Rookie

Roku remote 3600x not working and need a replacement to use roku

My roku remote for my roku stick 3600x stopped working, so I’ve been using the app as my control. Well My Roku for some reason disconnected from the wifi, and I can’t use the app anymore since they both aren’t connect to same wifi. 

Im wondering if there’s any way to get a remote that works with my roku because I haven’t found one yet. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote 3600x not working and need a replacement to use roku

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @RobA24!

Thank you for sharing your Roku remote concern with us. We'd be happy to further assist you with this and find you the best resolution possible. 

In order to provide you with an accurate resolution, we require additional information to assess the situation. With this being said, kindly let us know the following:

• When and where did you purchase your Roku streaming stick?
  • Is this the remote that comes with your Roku Stick or was it purchased separately?

Additionally, you can search for the available remotes on our official website: Roku Remotes

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Streaming Stick 3600 cannot be controlled by an infrared remote. It requires a remote that controls via WiFi-direct.  In Roku's current offerings, these are the Voice Remotes, any of which can pair with your 3600 and control it.   They are listed on this Roku page but can be found at Amazon and other retailers asaed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RobA24
Reel Rookie

Hello,

It was a gift I got back in 2017. I think they got it from either Best Buy or Walmart or maybe Amazon. Also, it’s the original remote that came with the roku

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Whoever bought it, it's out of warranty period, you will have to purchase a replacement just like the rest of us have had to do. But I wouldn't bother getting a remote for such an old Roku stick, you can get newer Roku with a new remote for about the price of the replacement remote itself. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos