Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aydin185
Reel Rookie

Roku power cord replacement

Hi, I bought a second hand onn. Roku TV 50 or 55 inch TV, when I got home I saw that one of the power cord plugs is broken.. I see that I got scammed but trying to fix it. I opened the board and got the power cord cable out, it’s a white 3 pin on the side that goes in the TV. I found the power cord on ebay.

I have 2 questions:

1. How do I find out the model of the TV if it doesn’t turn on, I checked the writing on the back, it doesn’t say much.

2. If I replace the power cord and get it to turn on, will I be able to use it, because I don’t have an account and since it was a scammer I’m afraid there will be an account associated with it that I don’t know the password of, will I be able to create and associate a new account with it and use the TV? 

I’ll leave the ebay link of the cord I found that looks like the one I have here - ebay 

thank you

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku power cord replacement

1.  Roku TVs have two model numbers - one is the model number given by the manufacturer (onn in your case) and one is the Roku model number shown on the Settings->System->About page in the user interface.  The manufacturer's model number should be on the back somewhere.  I'm not sure about the Roku model number.

2.  Just factory reset the TV by holding the reset button for 30 seconds with the power connected or by using the menu option under Settings->System->Advanced system settings once you get it powered up.  You will have to create a free Roku account and link the TV to that account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy

@Aydin185- did you get the remote along with the TV?  You will need one to set up and use the TV.

If necessary, you can find a Roku TV remote at lots of local retailers like Wal-mart, Amazon, etc.  Be sure it is for Roku TV and not just Roku DEVICES, as Roku TVs use a different set of infrared signals.

In addition, Roku's Voice Remote models can be paired with Roku TVs.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Aydin185
Reel Rookie

thanks for the answers.

@makaiguy i don’t have a remote too, but i don’t wanna spend money on that just yet, i ordered a power cord from ebay, will see if that works, and if i’m lucky enough to get it to turn on i’ll find a remote from retailers.

right now i see one that it says universal remote in walmart, thinking it might be what i need. #walmart 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Remember, Roku devices don't use the same control command set as Roku TVs.  As long as the universal remote explicitly says it can control Roku TVs, it should work for you.  

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

@Aydin185 

I would go with this on instead:

onn. R113663 6-Device Universal Remote https://www.walmart.com/ip/747238608

It would give access to many commands not preset on your Roku tv remote, and not preset via the built-in  codes either. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.