Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mfcj
Channel Surfer

Roku model remote frequency substitute

Samsung recently removed the Roku Ultra (4670 series)  from its universal remote options. Is there another Roku model (or multiple models) that uses the same remote frequencies I can select so the Samsung remote can still control my Roku? 

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Roku model remote frequency substitute

I believe this Roku model should work out for your Samsung universal remote: https://www.roku.com/products/roku-premiere.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Mfcj wrote:

Samsung recently removed the Roku Ultra (4670 series)  from its universal remote options. Is there another Roku model (or multiple models) that uses the same remote frequencies I can select so the Samsung remote can still control my Roku? 

If it uses Roku IR codes, they are the same for all Roku set top devices. Roku sticks don't use IR, Roku TVs use different code sets as well.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Some original Roku remotes have IR and some have RF.

IR stands for infrared, FYI.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Mfcj
Channel Surfer

Thanks, @Michelle3, but 3920R did not work.

0 Kudos
Mfcj
Channel Surfer

Thanks, the 4670x seems to use RF. Is there another Roku model that uses the same set of frequencies as the 4670x?

0 Kudos
Mfcj
Channel Surfer

Thanks, @DBDukes  the Samsung remote doesn't seem to use IR to control the Roku. I say this because during the set up test when the arrow buttons don't work, pressing the ok button pretty consistently acts like one of the arrow buttons (indicating the wrong code set) but it will still behave the same even if the remote is under a pillow (so no IR signal). Any ideas if there is another Roku model that uses the same set of frequencies as the 4670x?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Mfcj 

The Roku WiFi Direct remotes can pair to any Roku device -- set top box, stick, Roku TV -- released since 2015, and will work with the high-end models back to 2013.

@Tivoburkeecould provide additional information.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Mfcj
Channel Surfer

@DBDukes Thanks, but I don't need a Roku remote. There is a method of transmission between remote and tabletop Roku that is different for different models, most likely RF. I'm trying to find a model that uses the same set of frequencies as the 4670x that I can select from the list in my Samsung TV so my Samsung remote can control my Roku. 

0 Kudos
renojim

I'm not aware of any non-Roku remote that can control a Roku device through RF.  Roku RF remotes use Wi-Fi direct.  There isn't a set of frequencies.  The Harmony Hub can (could?) control Roku devices through ECP much like the Roku app on a phone/tablet, but nothing else I've ever seen does the same.  If the Samsung remote can control any Roku device then it should be able to control your 4670 via IR.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos