Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkap
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku express has no volume control?

poor luck with both

Firestik quit after less than a year but a remote w/o volume & power buttons is rediculous so hopefully new firstik lasts more than a year

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@tkap  OK well this is not the discussion forum for helping users with Amazon.com-manufactured products, so you’re better off taking your FireTV topic elsewhere.  Amazon.com Inc. and Roku Inc. are also completely different companies, and despite the FireOS and RokuOS systems being based on the Linux system, those are also completely different.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
ronwil

So for $5 more I could have bought the Express 4K+ (which I don't need because I don't have a 4K TV) and would have a remote "with TV controls".

Instead, I now need to buy a $19.99 remote that has "TV controls".

You should change the wording "Simple Remote" to "Simple Remote (No Volume Buttons)".

Or better: "You will need to use TWO REMOTES with this Express device."

I wonder how much fun the "get a refund" procedure will be.

Jerry12

I just bought one from Best Buy and am very disappointed.  With some Amazon searches I found a competing stick with the same price, outstanding reviews and volume control.   The $5 lower cost version is like Roku, i.e., no volume control.   I will see if I can return my Roku and move over to this device with volume control. 

0 Kudos
Zoeykat2011
Channel Surfer

What a rip off Roku just wants to sell more. It's such a scam

0 Kudos
Zoeykat2011
Channel Surfer

Roku is the such a rip off  when I purchase Roku Express at wa6 the box said absolutely nothing about the remote.  Ruku are rips offs. The stupid customer service people at Roku.  Said just buy another box..I don't think so.

0 Kudos
Zoeykat2011
Channel Surfer

Danny did you post a remote that has a volume control for a Roku Express I purchase 9.2023

0 Kudos
Zoeykat2011
Channel Surfer

Danny helloi purchased a Roku Express with out knowledge the remote had no volume button.. are you sure the one you mention will work. My purchase was about 9.2023

0 Kudos
Zoeykat2011
Channel Surfer

Why wasn't the correct remote placed with the correct Roku Express box. We shouldn't have to buy an

0 Kudos
Zoeykat2011
Channel Surfer

It should of had the correct remote with the correct Roku Express box. Why do we have to buy another one.  

0 Kudos