Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro Won't Hold Charge

Hi @Bmyers831,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device that is paired with your Roku remote.

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bmyers831
Reel Rookie

Hi Mary

Serial number KW99C6062463  But please note that this is not the original remote that came with the roku.  I think this particular remote is the 2nd or maybe even 3rd for this roku. They just aren't built very well.

Yesterday while charging the device kept internally disconnecting and reconnecting from the incoming electricity.  The green charging light was blinking erratically and I kept seeing charging connected, charging disconnected on the TV screen.

I double checked the charging cable and charger on other devices and it worked fine so it was not an intermittent cable.

Then, last night, the remote refused to take a charge at all.  No green light.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bmyers831,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mooneykris

My Roku remote also will not hold a charge. It is completely powerless without being plugged into the wall. We have tried all the suggestions offered.  Nothing works. Please help us. Our model number is

ra-mc1.  SKU is 3226000888

Thank you,

kristin

0 Kudos
Audog
Reel Rookie

I am having the won't hold charge issue, worked fine for 2 months, now won't hold a charge for more than a day. I've done all the troubleshooting suggested by Roku, to no avail. There seems to be no human one can contact. Charging it overnight so it will work in the morning is not a violable solution. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mooneykris @Audog,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device that is paired with your remote.

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Audog
Reel Rookie

The issue is NOT resolved, if I plug the charging cord into the remote, it will work for a while. The batteries simply do not seem to hold a charge. The Serial Number is X01000E5PJTT on the device, which is model 4802RW.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Audog,
Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.
We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Model: 4802X

S/N: S0DA229J7SV3

Name: Voice Remote Pro

Model: RC795

Firmware Version: rtn.4186

I purchased a new Roku Ultra a few weeks ago and the remote won't hold a charge and the notification about low battery & voice is turned off keeps displaying and is very annoying. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @heavenquest,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos