Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RollinsCity
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote Pro Won't Hold Charge

I purchased a Roku Voice Remote Pro on 07/29/2021 and it will no longer hold a charge for more than a day. This was over $30 and it doesn't appear the battery can be replaced.

There doesn't appear to be any way to contact customer service to discuss this issue.

Firmware: rtn.4134

Model# RC701

0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro Won't Hold Charge

It’s all right here. Also what are you using to charge it? Have you tried various charging blocks? I own 2 of those remotes. I use my Apple iPhone charging block to charge them. 

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @RollinsCity

Thanks for the post.

In addition to @AeroSpaceTech's suggestion, could you try to press and hold the pairing button for 15 seconds and see if there's any difference after? If still no dice, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device assosciated to your Voice Remote Pro. It can be found in Settings > System > About.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
stemacy
Reel Rookie

Hello, I have tried three different chargers and my VOICE REMOTE PRO after 1 year no longer holds a charge, I get zero when I use on my TV. I have original box sku # RCS019 OR 829610004587, THIS REMOTE HAS TO BE DEFECTIVE. Please help me Thanks Steven

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @stemacy

Thanks for reaching out!

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected Roku Voice Remote Pro. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
stemacy
Reel Rookie

Hello, Sku from back of unit is 3226000888 model RC-MC1, I tried the reset button for 15 seconds numerous times, several different cables and chargers and they all start with solid green light and then goes to erratic blinking green light and DOES NOT EVER HOLD A CHARGE. Thank you Steven 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@stemacy, @RokuKariza-D wants the serial number of the Roku device you're trying to use the remote on as displayed under Settings->System->About.  Apparently they don't keep track of remote serial numbers.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@stemacy

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
stemacy
Reel Rookie

This has nothing to do with the actual ROKU DEVICE CONNECTED TO TV. THIS IS THE SEPARATE ROKU VOICE REMOTE PRO WITH RECHARGEABLE BATTERY THAT DOES NOT RECHARGE!!! It says "remote battery level 1%" after I charged it fully the remote itself is not holding a charge and this is only a few months old. Thank you

Steven Cohen 

0 Kudos
Bmyers831
Reel Rookie

Me too.

I just left mine charging all night long on and in the morning it was only at 10%. I did the 15 second thing and now the roku is reporting the battery level at 2%. 

I checked the cable and charger and connection and all seem fine. The green light was on when I came out in the morning.

A couple of days ago while watching the about screen I can watch the battery level drop right before my eyes.  20...16...12.   About every 6 or 7 seconds it would drop a notch.

Firmware rtn.4182

Model MC538

Sku 3226000888

0 Kudos