Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nightsmusic
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Ultra volume goes up and down by itself

I got an email from the support team the last time I posted this information. They asked me a few more questions. I sent them the information and it's been crickets since then. That was a month ago. Frankly, your customer service sucks. Thanks a lot.

Have a Roku express. My problem was with turning the volume up a notch & ever so often it goes all the way up on it's self, & same on turning volume down occasionally (annoying). So ordered a new one.....did the same exact thing. Just had a Roku tech on the phone & he said to re-pair the remote to the TV again. Not to confident but I doubt that will do anything but it is a random problem, like will happen about 1 out of five times of changing the volume then okay for a while. He did however tell me to call back if the problem resumes & will look deeper into the matter.  Good luck! 

nightsmusic
Streaming Star

Oh yes, that's an ongoing problem with all of them too. You can't just bump up one 'notch'. You try to go up one and who knows where it will stop? Might go one, might go all the way to maximum volume, might go up four. Same with turning it down. I'm just at the point with all of this that I'm ready to sell these to some unsuspecting sap and switch. I have the remote that came with the Ultra, the remote that came with the Express, two new remotes I bought from Roku...they all do the exact same thing. NOT on the Roku TVs, just on the plug in streaming units. Frankly, I'm sick of it all.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team to is investigating the issue regarding volume control. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
TommyS
Channel Surfer

Roku replied some time ago that they're working on the problem. They're not. Against my better judgement, I replaced my TV (a second time) to see if the problem would go away -it hasn't.  I am very disappointed in the roku box -and I'm even more tired of their poor service.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @TommyS

Thanks for reaching out here in Community.

Please be aware that this matter is still being investigated. We'll make sure to update this Community thread as soon as more information becomes available. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Ripple59
Reel Rookie

We turned on our TV this evening and the volume was at 100. Roku express 4K. Very frustrating. We want our money back. We bought two. I have hearing issues with Hyperacusis which is extremely sensitive hearing. Loud noises like this further damage my hearing. This is devastating to us.

TommyS
Channel Surfer

I took a chance and bought another Roku (model 4802R) about three weeks ago, and we haven't had a problem with this one -yet. Like you, I believe I should be reimbursed since the one with the problem is under warranty. I had thought to give the bad one away, but I don't want to lose a friend. I'm also very disappointed that Roku has not responded and seems to not care.

Ripple59
Reel Rookie

We have only had the Roku streaming stick 4k for about a month and this problem came up a couple of days ago. I think it has something to do with the voice activated feature. My wife accidentally hit that button and the next time we turned on the Roku the volume was at 100. It caused me to have a hearing incident which raised my already bad tinnitus to rage for hours. Not fun. It's really frustrating that Roku doesn't take this seriously. We may have to abandoned Roku all together. Do you by chance know of another streaming service like Roku?

nightsmusic
Streaming Star

There's always an Amazon Fire Stick which is what my younger daughter and her husband use. They're happy with that.