Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LovelyOne01
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra suddenly turns on and Remote Finder starts beeping

I've been having this issue with my Roku Ultra. My remote finder just randomly starts beeping...waking me up in the middle of the night and all!! SO annoying! Is there a fix yet??

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LovelyOne01,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with the remote finder unintentionally beeping.

If you are still experiencing this Roku remote issue, kindly provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About?

Please keep us posted with the information and I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LovelyOne01
Reel Rookie

Hi Mary,

Thank you!! I've sent you a private message with the serial number.

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi @LovelyOne01,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with the remote finder unintentionally beeping.

If you are still experiencing this Roku remote issue, kindly provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About?

Please keep us posted with the information and I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LovelyOne01,

Saw your post and message!

I already responded to your private message. I have shared the information with our support and our Support team will help and take a closer look at your remote finder issue. Keep an eye on your email, a member of our support team will be in contact.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
answers4me

Device Serial number:  X0100000JS9J0

I am usning this device with a smart TV - could that be complicating things.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@answers4me

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JesusDiabeetus
Channel Surfer

They "helped" me with my same issue, months prior in this thread...BUT I have ANOTHER Roku now doing the same thing, and the replacement remote they sent me didn't fix the original issue. This is clearly a hardware issue within the unit, and Roku is ignoring it and procrastinating with threads like this, where it's clearly a known issue, but same answers. Unfortunately, I think I'm about to give up on Roku, and that's sad because I've used the units from Roku exclusively for over a decade. 

0 Kudos
OldJimpa
Reel Rookie

Re: Random lost remote signal

Nobody mentioned the annoying message that comes up on the screen, "push any button to stop the beeping...", to paraphrase.  I've had to pull the batteries and use the iPhone remote feature.  Why hasn't ROKU responded to any of these issues?

0 Kudos
JesusDiabeetus
Channel Surfer

Re: Random lost remote signal

Because they know it's an existing issue, but procrastinate here. I have a second Roku unit now doing the same thing. It's something inside the unit, not the remote. The unit is sending the find remote signal, not the remote itself, and representatives here to "help" continue to focus on the remote itself rather than the Roku unit sending the signal to find the remote. It's ridiculous and almost funny if it wasn't so frustrating trying to get a resolution that actually works. 

0 Kudos
OldJimpa
Reel Rookie

I’m not sure your analysis fits my situation.  Here’s why: I removed the batteries from my remote and now use my iPhone as a remote.  Since doing so, no more signals, which tell me that, in my case anyway, the problem is with the remote.  Thanks for your input.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.