Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liam7802

Unplugged device when switching internet boxes

So I unplugged my device while switching internet routers. I don’t have the original remote, I use the app, but now I can’t connect the stick to the new internet. Because it’s not connected wifi 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unplugged device when switching internet boxes

@Liam7802 

You have to use a remote to connect to a network.

Now, if you can change the SSID and password of your new network to match that of your old network, things should connect. But if not, you have to get a remote.

You didn't say which Roku device you have. The Sticks won't work with an IR remote and you have to pick up a Voice Remote ($20) to use it. For the traditional Roku boxes, an IR remote will work, as well as a Voice Remote (unless yours is really really old). The Roku Simple Remote is $15. You may be able to find a universal IR remote for under $10. Walmart, Best Buy, Target, etc have the Roku branded remotes. Those stores, plus CVS, Walgreens, Family Dollar, and others, carry universal IR remotes. Just ensure the box says it works for Roku.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."