Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holly6
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra remote when press volume up and increase to maximum volume

Got a new Ultra Roku 10/1/23. Within a month I gave up on the rechargeable remote. Not because it wouldn’t hold a charge but because it constantly went haywire. You notch the sound up and it jumps to max volume! You lower the volume a notch and it flies down to no sound at all. I got tired of resetting/syncing. I had some other Roku remotes, older but with voice and volume control and it works a charm. No problems. I think these Ultra remotes should be replaced or is that why they were on sale? I will say our picture improved with the Ultra device.

6 REPLIES 6
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Roku Ultra remote when press volume up and increase to maximum volume

Hi, @Holly6

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we'd like to assist further. We've sent you a Private Message here in the Roku Community. Kindly check your inbox since we've reached you from there by navigating to the upper right corner of your web browser interface, and accessing the "Mail" icon.

We hope to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra remote total junk

@Holly6-

The problem may not be with the remote, but with the Ultra's response to the remote.

Have you tried restarting the Roku?   Settings > System > Power > Restart

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Holly6
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra remote total junk

Oh my goodness I have reset, re-synced, on off, every which way that could be done day after day. My other remote that came with my stick doesn’t act like the ultra remote acts.

Rajun27

Re: Roku Ultra remote when press volume up and increase to maximum volume

I'm having the same issue. Got my mom the new Roku Ultra with the rechargeable remote for Christmas and she called yesterday to complain about the volume controls.

I checked it out and it feels like the volume rocker is misaligned. There's no longer a mechanical "click" when hitting volume up. I know there used to be because I set it up for her.

Is there anyway to get a replacement remote or open the remote to possibly fix the button?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rajun27,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd love to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Roku remote, kindly send us a private message here in the Roku Community.

To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this Community link: Help - Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Holly6
Reel Rookie

Dear friend, save yourself and your mom a lot of trouble and just buy a Roku Voice Remote for 19.99 and sync it to the ultra. You can’t fix it and the company won’t replace it. The Ultra is awesome. Truly improved our picture quality, but the remotes are defective. Don’t bother trying to work it out with their staff. They just give you the runaround. It’s worth 20 bucks and of course you still have to use batteries in the remote but it will work like a charm. 

0 Kudos